Words >> Thoughts >> Actions >> Results
These days, it sometimes seems that unfavorable topics garner the most attention. Being constantly bombarded with the negative is unhealthy for both your mental health and confidence. If we speak positive words, we’ll see positive results. To the contrary, if we speak negatively, we’ll reap negative results. If you spend your day speaking negatively and dwelling on negativity, don’t expect to get positive results.
People often speak negatively about themselves, others and the situations they’re in. Matter of fact, it’s such a common occurrence that negativity regularly goes unnoticed. However, successful people don’t strive to be common or average, they desire excellence. We must make deliberate efforts to be positive and counter the culture we live in. It’s been said that good seeds produce good fruit and bad seeds produce rotten fruit. Try to see the words you use as seeds that you are planting. It’s said that words lead to thoughts, which lead to actions, which lead to results. So if you want positive results, it just makes sense to speak positively!
Helpful tips to get better results:
- It first starts with using your words to not only uplift and encourage others, but also yourself. Instead of speaking struggle, speak victories over your circumstances. You’re either going to be a victim or a victor. In order to become victorious over your circumstances, you have to use winning words.
- Remove yourself from negative environments. Choosing to limit your time in negative environments, especially when that environment is your own mind, will help improve your mindset. Instead of thinking about what you can’t do and why things won’t work, think about what you can do and things will work. It’s a positive opposite. Tell your critical inner voice to be quiet.
- Sometimes people struggle with a lot of mental pollution from life challenges or past hurts. Please understand this simple formula: The solution to your mental pollution is dilution. Choose to let as much good into your mind as possible. That will help to dilute your negative thoughts. Positive input will really help lead you to positive results!
- Use affirmations to help yourself. You can even replace the word “affirmations” with “faith reminders” or “internal ads”. An affirmation is just a positive thought or saying that you speak over a personal struggle. Affirmations require repetition. If you want to erase longstanding, harmful beliefs you’ve had about yourself, it’s going to take persistence and consistency. Changing your thought pattern may not be easy, but it’s completely possible. Use your words as tools to build happy thoughts and good results.
- Consider an attitude adjustment. For some people, a good attitude doesn’t come automatically. Thankfully, anyone can learn to have a good attitude. There is no doubt that the tips listed above can help anyone live a more positive life and overcome a lot of life’s challenges. Having a good attitude towards personal growth and development will make all these tips even more impactful.
The power of spoken word will change your life. You’re not meant to go through life with small dreams, low self-esteem and a defeated mindset. You can’t have a negative mouth and a positive life. Commit to changing the way you speak. As with all things, it becomes much easier the longer you do it; you have to use discipline. Call things as you want them to be. Name your future blessed. Name your future prosperous. Say, “the best is yet to come”! Believe your BEST days are in front of you.